There’s always been alumni support for divestment from fossil fuels from the beginning of the campaign at MIT, but in late 2014, a group of alumni decided to forge a new endeavor and focus on an alumni specific campaign. The birth of Alumni for Divestment at MIT (AD-MIT) started with just a handful of alumni who started conversing about what they could do to help. Now AD-MIT is off the ground and running with weekly skype calls and a campaign focused on using the Multi-School Fossil Free Divestment Fund to leverage the voices of MIT alumni. If you are interested in joining the efforts please contacts us at firstname.lastname@example.org!
- MITACAL Climate X Proposal Advances to Finals – VOTE!
- Press Release: MITACAL applauds the agreement between FFMIT and the MIT Administration
- Alum investor calls for emissions reductions at major corporations
- Two MITACAL proposals selected as Climate Colab Semi-Finalists
- Harnessing the Power of MIT Alumni at the Climate CoLab